Here To Help
We are committed to making your experience of shopping with TLC the best it can possibly be. We aim to do that by making our site informative and easy to use, while backing that up with first class customer support.
We have a range of ways to communicate with us, not only our physical showroom, who can be reached on 0113 2818 343 (9am to 5.30pm Mon-Fri, 9.30am to 5pm Sat), but also our all hours live chat (in the bottom right corner of your screen).
Our goal is to be the best lighting provider in the country, and we genuinely believe that good customer service is the cornerstone to that. If you have any questions at all, please get in touch – we really are happy to help!
This page is designed to help you. There are details of the promotions we run, some full supplier catalogues which are useful for seeing more product pictures and information if you need it, lumens and bathroom zone guides, and finally our frequently asked questions.
If you feel there is anything helpful missing from this page, please let us know!
Save on extra costs when you are planning your next lighting purchase by helping yourself to free delivery from us when your shopping cart total exceeds £50.
Just add items to your shopping cart, and when checking out, you will automatically be given an option for free delivery and it will be selected by default. You’re welcome!
We aim to dispatch your product as quickly as possible, and with certain products we are even able to get it delivered the next day at no extra cost!
Price Match Promise
Seen the item cheaper somewhere anywhere else? Get in touch with us through our showroom on 0113 2818 343, or better still, why not chat with us live online by clicking here?
We simply refuse to be beaten on price, and guarantee you will not be able to buy a product cheaper from any other registered seller. Just get in touch so we can discuss this with you.
1 Hour Delivery Window
Fed up of waiting in all day for a delivery to turn up? We are! What a waste of a day. At TLC we have made sure we have the right partners in place to make your experience of shopping with us a happy one.
On the day of your delivery, you will receive a text and an email informing you or a one hour slot during the day that your delivery will arrive. Convenient, huh? If that’s not enough for you, you can also track your parcel on a real-time map all the way down to a 15 minute time slot. Pretty clever stuff!
Hassle Free Returns
At TLC, we want you to shop with the confidence you would if you were browsing in person at our show room in Leeds. You can purchase with confidence in the knowledge that if the item is not suitable, you can return it with no questions asked.
Just make sure you get in touch with us within 7 days of delivery, and we will talk you through the process. Unfortunately we do not cover the cost of returning the product to us in cases where there is no fault with the product, and the customer is eligible for this.
All Hours Online Chat
We want to provide you with the most help we possibly can, and we know that a lot of you shop on evenings when our showroom is shut, so who’s going to answer your questions? Well we’ve put in place our online chat system for this very purpose.
You’ll see our little chat tool on the bottom right of your screen, which you can click on to talk to us about any for your lighting requirements (or anything else, we’re quite sociable!). On the occasions were someone is not online (we do sleep sometimes), you can leave a message and we’ll be in touch with you at no time at all.
We are genuinely passionate about our customer’s satisfaction, and chat is just another way of us striving for it. We’re very happy to hear from you!
Maunfacturers catalogues can be useful to browse if you are looking to find extra information on a product, such as further images, dimension diagrams and in-situ images. Just click on the manufacturers logo below, and you will be taken to another page where you can dynamically browse the catalogue. Don't forget, if you find yourself unable to find the information you want, give us a call on 0113 2818 343 or use the live chat icon in the bottom right of the page and we'll be happy to help!
- Do you have a catalogue?
- No, our huge range of Chandeliers, Ceiling Lights, Wall Lights, Bathroom lights, Outdoor Lighting, Shade, Bulbs and Lighting Accessories is listed and available to buy online hassle free via our easy to use website www.thelighting-company.co.uk.
- Do you have a shop?
- Yes, our Contemporary and Traditional Lighting can be viewed at our display centre in Horsforth, Leeds.
- How can I contact The Lighting Company?
- You can contact by sending us an email via our website, phoning 0113 2818343 or alternatively, look in the bottom right hand corner of your screen to see if a live chat agent is available to chat to you right away!
- What is the Lighting Company working hours?
- You can contact us by phone Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm (Saturday 9.30am to 5pm) excluding any Bank or National Holidays. We usually have someone on live chat each day until really late. Our huge range of Chandeliers, Ceiling Lights, Wall Lights, Bathroom lights and Outdoor Lighting are available to buy via our website 7 days a week day or night.
- Is buying online safe?
- Shopping with Lighting Company is 100% secure and safe. Our site currently uses the most advanced security software, 128-bit high-level SSL encryption technology. Therefore, you can rest assured and shop online happily knowing that your payment and personal details will remain safe and secure.
- How can I place an order?
- Orders can be placed online via our easy to use website, by clicking on the add to basket button next to the product you want to purchase; the next step is to pay for your item via clicking on the checkout button and entering your personal information and credit card details into our safe and secure server.
- What methods of payment do you accept?
- Lighting Company accepts all major credit cards such as Mastercard, Visa, Maestro, Switch, Solo, Delta and Visa Electron.
- Do Lighting Company prices include VAT?
- All prices shown on this page are inclusive of V.A.T at 20%
- What is Lighting Company delivery policy?
- All orders over £50.00 (Inc VAT) will be delivered free of charge anywhere in mainland Great Britain. Any orders less than £50.00 (Inc VAT) will be subject to a £6.95 (Inc VAT) delivery Charge. For all other destinations please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for a quotation.
- How long do you take to deliver?
- Lighting goods that are in stock will be dispatched within approximately 2 working days.
- What happens if my item is out of stock?
- Lighting goods that are temporarily out of stock should be dispatched within 7-10 working days. If there is any further delay you will be notified and given the option to cancel. Some of our more exclusive Lighting products may only be available as a special order, this will be stipulated. Every effort will be made to deliver these orders within the quoted delivery time however we are unable to guarantee dates. In such cases your normal cancellation rights still apply.
- What happens if no one is available to accept delivery?
- If no one is available to take delivery from our couriers, a calling card will be left. If you do not contact the courier, a further two delivery attempts will be made. If the courier is still unable to deliver after this point the Goods will be returned to Lighting Company. If you require re-delivery, Lighting Company reserve the right to charge additional shipping costs.
- What is the Lighting Company returns policy?
- If you wish to return any goods you must inform us in writing (letter, email or fax) within 14 days beginning on the day after delivery of those goods. The date of delivery will be as recorded by our carriers. Once we have your request for a return our customer services will give you an authorisation number. Goods without returns authorisation number will not be accepted. Orders of items in larger quantities and bespoke items can incur a handling charge of 25%. Please ensure all goods are returned with their original packaging, complete with all other associated components sent with them such as lamps (light bulbs). Goods should be in an undamaged condition. The cost of Sending the Goods will be deducted from the refund of the purchase price. If a collection is arranged by us Lighting Company this cost will also be deducted. Alternatively Goods can be sent back by your own method of transportation at your own cost. Please note that you have a statutory duty to take reasonable care to ensure that the goods are not damaged in transit and that we receive the goods. If reasonable care is not exercised, we may make a claim against you for not exercising this statutory duty.
- What if my goods are damaged or faulty?
- Damaged or faulty Goods will be replaced or refunded. Please note that the courier will ask you to sign for the goods on delivery. If you have not been given an opportunity to examine the goods, please sign for them “unexamined.” If you notice that the outer packaging is damaged then please sign the delivery paperwork as “package damaged” or if you so wish refuse the delivery.
If goods are accepted from the courier without marking the consignment unexamined,The Lighting-Company will not accept liablility for any damage in transit.
- How do I access my account?
- To access your account you can either click the "Login" button at the top of the page or click here. You will be then asked to either enter your details or if you are a new user to the website, you will be required to register. Once you have successfully logged in, you will then be able to purchase products from Lighting Company website, and the top navigation bar will display "My Account" this verifies that you have successfully logged in. Simply click the "My Account" button to view or amend any details or saved orders / baskets.